Some people love Valentine’s Day. Other people despise it. Regardless of which camp you fall in, this year I want to encourage you to do something for someone who doesn’t have a Valentine.
6 Simple Ways to Brighten Someone’s Valentine’s Day
1. Send a card or letter to a shut-in (you can find inexpensive cards at the Dollar Tree).
2. Put a plate of cookies on your neighbor’s porch.
3. Leave flowers on a widow or widower’s doorstep (Aldi sells flowers for just $4 per bouquet!).
4. Give a single mom or military wife a pizza, as well as some chocolate (for her) and a cute movie (for her kids) so she can have a little at-home relaxation.
5. Take a single dad’s or military husband’s kids out for a couple of hours to give him a little break. Bonus if you feed dinner to the kids before returning them back home!
6. Ask your kids to make cards or other paper crafts to deliver to a nursing home. The only supplies needed are construction paper, scissors, glue sticks, and crayons!
You don’t need to do all of those ideas, but choosing one simple thing can make someone else’s day!
Extra Tip: Try to keep your thoughtfulness anonymous – I promise it’s better that way!
“When you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.” Matthew 6:3-4 NKJV
I’d love to hear: What do you think will help make someone feel special this Valentine’s Day?
Make Your Home a Haven
You’re only 10 days away from a haven at home. This FREE email course will help you get there.
During our time together, I'll teach you how to implement specific processes and systems so you can make immediate progress.
If you want to stop feeling stuck at home so you can be ready for whatever God has in store for you, sign up now.