Think back to when your relationship with your spouse was just budding – do you remember the butterflies in your stomach, the excitement, the passion? Can you recall a time when the smallest touch or the sound of their voice made your heart thud?
You may have even spent the rest of the day mentally replaying every word and emotion in your mind. You could probably think of little else and likely did whatever it took to be together, even if it was for only a few minutes.
But as it naturally happens, the newness eventually wore off. After the wedding day came bills, sickness, jobs, and housework. Difficult and tedious things crept in until marriage began feeling mundane. Stale. Undesirable even. Perhaps soft whispers of longing have turned into bitter mutterings of annoyance, and once endearing traits have begun feeling like barely tolerable character flaws.
The problem? You’ve left your first love. You’ve forgotten how your heart fluttered and your knees quivered the first time your fingers intertwined. You’re no longer remembering the way your entire body responded the first time your lips met.
Unfortunately, it’s so easy to forget the good. The way she cooked your favorite meal to celebrate a special occasion—or just because. Or how he rubbed your back while you drifted off to sleep.
It’s easy to forget the romantic walks, the pleasure in a simple kiss, and a time when simply watching a movie or working on a project together felt electrifying.
It’s time to bring the passion back. And I can help.
Simply sign up below to receive 1 email in your inbox for the next 8 days. Each email will include:
- The daily reading (1 chapter per day in Song of Solomon)
- A marriage prayer related to that chapter
- A simple assignment to help you rekindle the romantic fire in your marriage.
How to Join the Song of Solomon Marriage Prayer Series:
- Sign up at below to receive 1 email in your inbox for the next 8 days. The emails will include the daily reading (1 chapter per day in Song of Solomon), a marriage prayer related to that chapter, and a simple assignment to help you rekindle the romantic fire in your marriage.
- Pray for your marriage daily. Pray by yourself, pray together, pray with a friend, pray while you’re washing dishes or folding laundry. Use every opportunity to pray for your marriage and spend time with the Lord.
- Spend time each day (even as little as a few minutes) doing something thoughtful or romantic for your spouse – you could send a flirty text, extend a full-body hug with a passionate kiss, or offer to clean the kitchen alone so your spouse can relax.
- Invite your spouse to join you. But even if you need to do this challenge solo, we would love for you to join in.
Your marriage is worth it. And the challenge is FREE.