It took seven days in a row of working towards a beautiful goal and we’re finally DONE!
Our house looks clean, the laundry is caught up, dishes are done, and Christmas decorations have been put away! This means that when I start my full home declutter project on Monday, I’ll be starting with a fresh, clean slate!
Here’s what we didn’t do this week:
- Deep cleaning (by that I mean mopping, dusting, scrubbing showers, etc).
- Sort through clutter piles that have been laying around for months.
- Any other little projects that need to be taken care of eventually.
Here’s what we did do this week:
You can see a recap and photos of days 1-4 here,
We washed some laundry and tidied the entire house from top to bottom on Thursday!
On Friday, we folded & put away 4 baskets of laundry.
And on Saturday, we finished cleaning the house! Little things here and there that needed put away, another basket or two of laundry to fold, a kitchen that always has dirty dishes… Wrapping up this project felt SO great!
My husband and sweet daughters were troopers and huge helpers throughout the whole thing! We had an unexpectedly very busy week so I needed to fit cleaning into little minutes here and there, and they all pitched right in and helped out.
In the words of my five-year-old, “I don’t feel like cleaning up right now, but I’m going to do it anyways!”
Yes, sweetie, that’s how mommy feels too 🙂
Cleaning and pushing through when we were tired this week definitely wasn’t easy, but it was oh, so worth it!
Here’s a quick summary of days 5-7 from this week’s declutter prep:
- Project: House tidy, laundry, dishes
- Length of time: About 6 hours
- Progress: Tidied the entire house (basement, main level & upstairs); washed, dried, folded & put away all of the remaining laundry; maintained progress!
- Work Remaining: NONE! Project complete!
Total items purged during days 5-7 of house tidy:
- 5 trash bags full of items for donation.
- 2 trash bags full of trash.
- Time spent cleaning, decluttering & organizing: 18 hours
- Bags for donation: 10
- Bags of trash: 4
- Plus 1 huge Christmas tree.
Don’t forget that, starting Monday, I’ll be live blogging my way through my full-house declutter! Subscribe so you don’t miss it!
Make Your Home a Haven
You’re only 10 days away from a haven at home. This FREE email course will help you get there.
During our time together, I'll teach you how to implement specific processes and systems so you can make immediate progress.
If you want to stop feeling stuck at home so you can be ready for whatever God has in store for you, sign up now.