It’s official. I’m submitting my own mess to my Get-Organized challenge. And remember how just yesterday I promised really embarrassing before photos of my messy house? Well here’s the first one!
I took those before photos this morning and posted them on Facebook, then the girls and I got to work. After a busy afternoon of decluttering, we’re not quite finished in the schoolroom but we did make significant progress!
Here are the details:
- Project: The School/Toy Room
- Length of time: About 4 hours
- Progress: Tidied the room, cleaned out the closet, and decluttered two bookshelves.
- Work Remaining: Need to declutter 3 desks, 3 bookshelves, and 1 dollhouse. Also need to sort through the items next to the school room door.
Total Items Purged (see top right photo in collage above):
- 4 trash bags full of items for donation.
- 1 trash bag full of trash.
- 1 box filled with items to relocate to other areas of the house.
My plan of tidying the main level and catching up on laundry didn’t exactly happen today. But I am pretty thrilled with the progress we made in the schoolroom this afternoon!
What’s first on your list of things to declutter for 2015? If you’re a blogger, feel free to link to your own organizational post in the comments – let’s cheer each other on!
Make Your Home a Haven
You’re only 10 days away from a haven at home. This FREE email course will help you get there.
During our time together, I'll teach you how to implement specific processes and systems so you can make immediate progress.
If you want to stop feeling stuck at home so you can be ready for whatever God has in store for you, sign up now.