What’s falling off your radar?
Have you ever skipped something once, then it got easier to skip the next time, then the next time, and before you knew it, the thing you had committed to had totally fallen off your radar? (Bible reading, working out, drinking enough water, and taking vitamins are all things that immediately come to my mind.)
What’s on the verge of falling off your radar that needs to be brought back to the forefront of your schedule? One of the things I mentioned? Something else?
Maybe what’s on your radar needs to be let go of for now. Maybe you need to give yourself grace and decide it’s not the season for whatever is on your mind. Or maybe you need to pick the thing back up and press forward. If that’s the case, I recommend just jumping back in imperfectly right now instead of letting it fall to the wayside.
When you’re choosing which goals to keep and which ones to drop, ask yourself the following questions:
- What’s absolutely necessary to keep in my schedule? (hint: it’s not everything on your schedule – something can be dropped!)
- Where can I create breathing room to allow for goals? Remember that even just 15 minutes a day counts!
- What is important to me personally? Not, “what do I think people want/expect from me,” or “what will make me look good to others” but what is actually important to you? What lights your soul on fire? What do you love doing, and what drains you? Pay attention!
- Where do I want to be in 5 years? 10? 20? Which goals are helping you get there – and which ones aren’t?
- Is this honoring to God? If the answer is no, run away! If it’s yes, and all the other questions are yes, too? Then proceed!
Switching Gears to Books & Hair (AKA Instagram Stories You May Like)
If you’re interested in book reviews, or in reading Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Henry, check out my Instastories from last week where I shared my thoughts in real-time as I was reading the book! (Don’t worry – I promise that I don’t give any spoilers!)
Also, several of my Instagram followers offered some hair tips that really worked(!!!!!), so I shared that progress in my “Hair Tips” stories! If you’re great at hair, you will probably be appalled at how basic these stories are, but if you’re a wash & go girl like me who just doesn’t want flyaways and hopes for the occasional curl to hold all day, then these stories might be just the thing you need!
What’s been falling off your radar?
I’d love to know what’s been falling off your radar, and if you’re going to let it go or try again.
Just leave a comment below and I promise to offer encouragement with whichever choice you make – I’ve let things go and held onto others, so I fully understand the benefits of both!
Make Your Home a Haven
You’re only 10 days away from a haven at home. This FREE email course will help you get there.
During our time together, I'll teach you how to implement specific processes and systems so you can make immediate progress.
If you want to stop feeling stuck at home so you can be ready for whatever God has in store for you, sign up now.