15 Free Summer Activities to Do in 15 Minutes or Less
Sometimes we want to get outside but we don’t have a ton of extra time. So we skip it. But we don’t need to have hours and hours of free time or a bunch of extra energy in order to slow down and enjoy nature.
In fact, we can get a little creative and enjoy simple activities with our kids in less than 15 minutes.
Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
- Find shapes in the clouds.
- Eat your meal or a snack outside instead of inside.
- Kick a ball or throw a Frisbee.
- Lay on the grass with your eyes closed and breathe deeply to relax.
- Draw with sidewalk chalk.
- Jump rope.
- Read a picture book or a chapter from a longer book in fun voices.
- Run through the water spray of a hose.
- Blow bubbles.
- Catch lightening bugs in your yard and put them in a jar.
- Admire the stars.
- Listen to the nature sounds around you.
- Ride bikes, skateboard, or walk around the block.
- Find nature items (sticks, leaves, feathers, acorns, etc.) that you can put in a clear jar inside for “decoration.”
- Eat the nectar from a honeysuckle. (Go here if you need instructions for finding and eating honeysuckle.)
What do you love to do outside when you only have a few minutes?
Make Your Home a Haven
You’re only 10 days away from a haven at home. This FREE email course will help you get there.
During our time together, I'll teach you how to implement specific processes and systems so you can make immediate progress.
If you want to stop feeling stuck at home so you can be ready for whatever God has in store for you, sign up now.